Thursday 14 February 2013

Yush.

G'day everyone! As you may know, apart from earlier I've not updated since last Friday. I apologise for the delay to those of you that actually read this page. I've been very ill this week and it's made me practically bed-bound 24/7.

So Aliens Colonial Marines had bad reviews, stating that the story is only 4 hours long, the sound effects are awfully ripped from the old films, the guns suck and the game plays so bad the only exciting thing about the game is waiting to finish it. I was actually tempted by this, as the leaked details and trailers seemed so inviting, but not anymore. Oh well, on to the next new releases! Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are out in a weeks time which will be a bomb. I downloaded the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta about a week and a half ago, but got sidetracked with Ni No Kuni, by the time I got back to it today, I found out it ended 2 days ago! Damnit, I'll have to find out in a week to see how Crysis' compound bow will cope.

Ni No Kuni is still soo good! I implore all of you that have a PS3 to get a copy! One: It's amazing, two: it's starting to be rare already. We've passed 25 hours and have done so much, from finding a crabs lost friend to healing a dragons heart, gaining his trust so we can call him at any point to ride on his back around the world map. When I was finishing work the other day, Toby (Another GAME employee) came in and showed us his wizard's companion book that he got with the collector's edition. IT'S AWESOMME, hardback with intricately detailed markings on the front with the stone in the center. Every page just like in the game, even when you open it up it'll have the ownership page where you enter your name. It's magical it is.

Other news:
I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite Premium edition! I was thinking about the Songbird but I don't think we'll have enough room or money for it. I'll be happy with the game and art book, don't need no statue.

The Last of Us has been delayed, from 7th May to 14th June. Naughty Dog said: "As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realise just how massive Joel and Ellie's journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog's internal high standards." Fair enough. I just hope it'll have more than 10 hours of gameplay because other games have been let down due to lack of story.

Projects' Durango and Orbis have both stated that the consoles will not be backwards compatible. How sad. GameStop in the USA have done a survey to see if customers and gamers will buy one of the next-gen consoles, the outcome was not good. More than 60% of people said they wouldn't buy one if they couldn't play used or old games.

If everything will go to plan, I'll be holding my kick starter competition next week.
1st Place - 2100 Microsoft Points & a 1 ltr bottle of Mountain Dew
2nd Place - 400 Microsoft Points & a 1 ltr bottle of Mountain Dew
3rd Place -  A 1 ltr bottle of Mountain Dew

Everyone loves the Dew.

So keep reading and you'll find out more soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment