Wednesday 6 February 2013

Asus Google Nexus 7 32gb Wi-Fi - Review

This review may be slightly late, but better late than never and it'd be more accurate since I've used it ALOT.

Because my phone decided to be a constant pain in the backside, running out of battery mid-day every day and running up my contracts' bill, I looked around at tablets just before winter. I felt like I was missing out on something. I had no easy way to enjoy the Internet and all it's glory when I got home from work, or when I went to family or friends'.

My interest originated from the gadget show earlier on in 2012, when they reviewed the Kindle Fire HD because they were in the USA, so I really looked foreward to that for a while. I read through countless reviews about what'd be the best one for value, comparing all of the iPads to the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD, while finding other new tablets in stores.

One memorable day, my father took me to a nearby shopping centre just before Christmas and we had a nice evening looking around the shops. I personally and closely compared all of the tablets PC World had to offer, the Nexus 7 just stood out completely style and performance wise. It flew ahead turning on, downloading & opening apps and the video playback is just incredible. I had adopted the need for the 32gb version since it was only a tad bit more than the 16gb. We had a chat and eventually went to Currys to see if they had one a bit cheaper etc. trying to squeeze out every last penny. The salesman persuaded us enough to buy one but the funny thing is was, they actually gave us a years worth of anti-virus and 1TB cloud storage just for "Choosing Currys over PC World"! Result.


Google Nexus 7 32gb Wi-Fi
On to the details -
Nexus 7 is built by ASUS and comes with a NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor so everything is faster.
Official website. If you wanted to check out the tech specs etc.

Design: Its sleek, thin design sits really well in your hands and looks great comparing to any other tablet within the price range. It has a lovely frame which i have no problems with (others online say it's too big, but i don't know what they're getting at), with a nice professional metal surrounding. It has one camera, which is front facing for Skype etc. and really doesn't need one on the back. The back of the tablet is made from anti-slip grey material with a nice big 'Nexus' imprinted. Asus have done really well making sure that all of the essentials are included, even on the smaller 7" screen tablet.

Performance: Running on Android version 4.2 (The most up-to-date) the N7 is so simple to use, anyone can pick it up and get used to it in minutes. It's battery life is amazing, Asus say that it'd run at 8 hours "full on" but it's so much more than that if you're sensible. We've altered some of the settings and adapted to extend uses, such as turning down the screen brightness and closing all apps after you're done with them. With a full charge, we can use it in the morning for light Internet and Facebook use, mid-day doing the same and around 4 hours in the evening between myself and my wife on-off playing games and everything really. As long as you turn it off at night and if you're not using it, it'll easily last this routine 3 days, pumping out more than 12 hours. 


Out of the box comes a usb charger, the cable and adaptor that snaps together, easy as pie. Done. 


Both Asus and Google have advertised this tablet as a "Gamer's choice", and I'd defiantly agree. The second I set it up, I was on the store downloading a few games like Minecraft, it was extraordinary and still is today. As stated before, the Nexus 7 does incredibly well with everything at a super fast speed. YouTube videos run constantly without stopping to buffer (Depending on your Internet speed). Facebook looks great and we have no problem with the on-screen keyboard, very easy to use.


Notes: There's nothing I don't like about the N7. I am still pleased with it after many many hours of use in every aspect of it's purpose, and the screen is still crystal clear with no lag. If there is one thing I'd say to make it better, it'd have to include an SD slot for more multi-compatibility, just so i can take a few photos on my camera then upload them straight on to the tablet. For the price you pay, you really can't complain though.


Result:
If you're thinking about getting a tablet or even a Netbook, go for the Nexus 7. You won't be disappointed. I chose this over a new iPod touch & a mobile upgrade and will never regret it. I bought an official case for it instantly too, which is a great add-on because the front bit folds back and keeps the screen nice, clean and safe.

My Rating:
10/10 - Purely because I did my research to find the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment