Sunday 27 January 2013

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance VS Dead Space 3 - Demos

Having the time this weekend and seeing both available on my dashboard, I was so eager to play both of these. And now I cannot wait to play the full games!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
I played through the tutorial for a couple of minutes to get the hang of it, got too excited to continue so i skipped after I had to slice the mannequins. The graphics are quite awesome, but i wasn't expecting amazing since it was only a demo. The demo starts you off as Raiden, linked up to a cool small stealth bomber getting briefed for the upcoming mission. As you land, all you want to do is kill. As much as you can. So you come across your first bad guy, slice him up finely into cheese then completely muller him with a finisher that steals his spine. Nice.

Anywho, I don't want to spoil much for ya. I know Raiden's awesome and all, but I was hoping for more gun-play as it's all sword, constantly.


Dead Space 3
After downloading, I instantly started up this demo and was plonked on the menu with campaign or weapon customisation options. I was real interested about the weapon customisation so I went with that. Before I knew it, I was in a tiny room with a Bench (Weapon upgrades and customisation), a few windows and a big door. So I walked up to the Bench, had a fiddle, was suprised to see that I had been given a load of materials to play around with! So I went for it, and once again, before I knew it I had made my own single handed Spartan Laser! (I'm still happy with it). You can create weapons from scratch, and it is immense. Starting with the frame, going all up to the tools that it uses and the power core. Amazing.

Content enough with my new weapon, I went for campaign. Starting off as Isaac in his infamous suit, his helmet folded upon his face just like a transformer, soo good. You're amongst a load of debris from a burning ship wreck, low on health (Indicated by the red light on his spinal health bar) stammering through the blizzard in search of anything to make Isaac feel better. This game plays so well throughout the demo and feels like walking art, with something new to see every step of the game. Blindsighted by all the snow, you get to a point where you get jump-scared your first enemy, and that's where there the game grabs you.

Verdict:

I'm not too much of a Metal Gear fan, but Rising: Revengeance is still an awesome game to play. However, it didn't grab my interest as much as Dead Space 3 did. With not much else to say, and since they're both demo's I can't really give them my all. But based on these so far, I'm so much more excited for Dead Space. The story, controls and the fact you can build your own weapon and stomp on some alien 100 times with guts and blood splashing everywhere just to make sure something's dead wins my vote this time.

My Ratings:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 7/10 Could've been improved with guns.

Dead Space 3 - 10/10 So far, completely content and eager to play the full game with or without a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment