Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Quiet Before The Storm

New big releases out:

22nd (Friday) - Gears of War: Judgement (360), The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (360, PS3 & WiiU) & Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS & WiiU).

26th (Tuesday) - Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3 & PC)

28th (Thursday) - Luigi's Mansion 2 Dark Moon (3DS)

I'm sure there are many people waiting for each of these games, but I'm most excited about Bioshock and Luigi's Mansion 2! Seriously can't wait. I put off the first Bioshock because I tend to stay away from blockbuster games apart from massive titles like Halo, when I changed my mind and gave it a chance I mentally slapped my old self. Bioshock 2 was a slight let down, fun for an hour then bland and lacking imagination. Things changed, Infinite seems totally re-mastered with a new perspective, a great colour palette and epic story.

It's been near 11 years since Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube! That long! I just hope that team Nintendo have put that time and the 3DS' capabilities to good use. By the looks of the vids so far, they have.

This week will be a good one!



Other news:

If you're a fan of the epic Square Soft, creator's of the old Final Fantasy games 1 through 10, good news! If you didn't know, Square Enix are releasing a HD re-make of Final Fantasy 10 and Kingdom Hearts. FF10 HD will be on PS3 and Vita, KH 1.5 ReMIX will be on PS3 alone. There are a few bonuses with the HD re-makes: FF10 includes 10-2 on the PS3 disc and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 will have the final mix version of the game, Re: Chain of Memories and a collection of HD remastered cinematic scenes from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.


There's some new news for Elder Scrolls: Online. On release it will play as a first person, which is awesome, just what I wanted when Oblivion was released!

The creator's of Bastion (SuperGiant Games), an arcade game on 360 have created a new game called Transistor. It look awesome.


If I had to make a game, the style and gamplay will be alot like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment